Raising Up Cycling & Cyclists in East Oakland
The Laurel Cyclery is a bicycle repair shop, retail store, and social enterprise in the Laurel District of East Oakland and launched in August 2014. We sell quality new bikes, new bike parts, accessories, specialty apparel, books, and maps to residents of Oakland’s Fruitvale and Lower Hills Districts.
June 2021 Update:
Welcome! We've got Bikes!
We are OPEN for curbside pick-up of repairs, online bike sales and for purchase of in-stock parts, tubes and accessories. We have a solid selection of bikes. Check our online bicycle inventory before visiting to assist our staff in guiding your bike-buying journey. If the door is locked, feel free to knock and we'll assist you.
While we're encouraged by the vaccine rollout and to protect our staff and our resilient clientele, we've developed the following practices:
1) Transactions will be conducted curbside whenever possible.
2) Our staff members have our vaccines. If we approach you without a mask, we are happy to mask up upon request. Just ask. We understand.
3) We kindly ask clients to return the favor. Folks not wearing masks will receive curbside service, unless you're vaccinated.
4) Bicycle shopping is done on a one-customer-a-time basis (our shop is small!). Test rides are limited to assembled bikes, even though we have many more in stock. Call ahead or email to coordinate so our staff can ensure that the bike you want to test is available.
5) For repairs, our 24/7 online appointment system is available to schedule curbside repair check-ins on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Currently, turnaround is 1-3 business days, depending on the service requested, and whether additional parts need to be ordered. Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com.
We respectfully ask that if you're sick, or if you've been around someone who is or has been, please wait 14 days before visiting us.
We'll fix/renovate/bling out your bike
The Laurel Cyclery is OPEN for pick-up of repairs, online sales and for purchase of in-stock parts, bikes and accessories. Make an online appointment to schedule repairs for up to a month in advance. If the door is locked, feel free to knock and we'll assist you. For your safety and ours, please wear a mask. We'll return that favor.
Premium Bicycles, Gear, & Apparel
Shop top brands at great prices by category.
Order Online. Pickup In-Store. Go Ride.
It’s fast. It’s easy. And it’s free! Simply find the bike or gear of your dreams online, and we’ll have it ready for you when you arrive. We’ll ensure a perfect fit for your riding needs and answer any questions you may have.
Your source for expert service that you can trust.
Our expert technicians are here for your bike service needs. Whether it's swapping out a wasted chain and cassette, time for a tune-up, or upgrading an old clunker, we've got you. Due to high demand, we now schedule repairs by appointment only. Schedule your repair check-in here.