Raising Up Cycling & Cyclists in East Oakland
The Laurel Cyclery is a bicycle repair shop, retail store, and social enterprise in the Laurel District of East Oakland and launched in August 2014. We sell quality new bikes, new bike parts, accessories, specialty apparel, books, and maps to residents of Oakland’s Fruitvale and Lower Hills Districts.
May 2021 Update:
Welcome! We've got Bikes!
We're happy to announce that the pandemic is receding somewhat in Alameda County and some restrictions on retail locations have been lifted. However, the Laurel Cyclery continues to exercise caution in the face of the COVIC-19 virus. We are OPEN for curbside pick-up of repairs, online sales and for purchase of in-stock parts, tubes and accessories. Unlike a lot of shops, we have a solid selection of bikes due to some strategic orders placed last July which are just now arriving to the shop(!). Check our online bicycle inventory before visiting to assist our staff in guiding your bike-buying journey. If the door is locked, feel free to knock and we'll come out to assist you.
While we're encouraged by the vaccine rollout and numbers moving in a positive direction, our priority is to protect our staff and our resilient clientele. Therefore, we've developed the following practices:
1) Transactions will be conducted curbside whenever possible.
2) Our staff members always wear masks and practice 6-foot-distancing.
3) We kindly ask clients to return the favor. No mask. No service. No exceptions.
4) Bicycle shopping is done on a one-customer-a-time basis (our shop is small!). Test rides are scheduled by appointment only, so call ahead or email to coordinate. This way our staff can ensure that test bikes are prepped for your safety.
5) For repairs, our 24/7 online appointment system is available to schedule curbside repair check-ins on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Currently, turnaround is 3-7 days depending on the service requested, and whether additional parts need to be ordered. Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com.
We respectfully ask that if you're sick, or if you've been around someone who is or has been, please wait 14 days before visiting us.
May 2021 UPDATE: Open for Curbside Sales and Magic
The Laurel Cyclery is OPEN curbside for pick-up of repairs, online sales and for purchase of in-stock parts, bikes and accessories. Make an online appointment to schedule repairs for up to a month in advance. If the door is locked, feel free to knock and we'll assist you. For your safety and ours, please wear a mask. We'll return that favor.
Premium Bicycles, Gear, & Apparel
Shop top brands at great prices by category.
Order Online. Pickup In-Store. Go Ride.
It’s fast. It’s easy. And it’s free! Simply find the bike or gear of your dreams online, and we’ll have it ready for you when you arrive. We’ll ensure a perfect fit for your riding needs and answer any questions you may have.
Your source for expert service that you can trust.
Our expert technicians are here for your bike service needs. Whether it's swapping out a wasted chain and cassette, time for a tune-up, or upgrading an old clunker, we've got you. Due to high demand, we now schedule repairs by appointment only. Schedule your repair check-in here.